Asia Pacific Research OnlineEdited by: Dr T. Matthew Ciolek email@example.com Web site established: 8 May 1997. Last updated: 16 Dec 2018
21 years online and counting
Online research and publications about Asia's traditional and modern communication networks, and religions. The site, with approx. 8,000 visitors and 12,000 page views each month,
is designed for swift access to data, and for good transmission speed and interoperability, not for fancy looks. Also, see the page about www.ciolek.com.
WWW.CIOLEK.COM Online Information Resources
Other Major Information Resources by T. M. Ciolek
- 2004 Tsunami Disaster - Scholarly and Factual Analyses
- Acronyms Used by Asian / Pacific Studies' Scholars: a Dictionary
- Aboriginal Studies WWW Virtual Library
- Annotated Guide to WWW Search Engines [incl. Asian Studies WWW VL Search Engine]
- Asian & Pacific Studies - Historical Photographs
- Buddhist Studies WWW Virtual Library
- Global Networking: a Timeline
- Information Quality WWW Virtual Library
- Koan Study Pages
- Political Asian & Middle Eastern Cyberspace and its Watchers: a Register
- Tibetan Studies WWW Virtual Library
- Tibetan Studies Resources Blog
- Zen Buddhism WWW Virtual Library
WWW.CIOLEK.COM Dromographic Research
- Asian Studies WWW Monitor: Electronic Journal (ISSN 1329-9778)
- The Best of The Asian Studies WWW Monitor Blog
- Asian Studies WWW Virtual Library
- Pacific Studies WWW Virtual Library
[Dromography (Gr. 'dromos' [way, street, route, corridor] + Gr. 'graphos' [to write]) : the study of geography, history and logistics of trade, movement, transportation and communication networks]
WWW.CIOLEK.COM Special Projects
- Old World Trade Routes (OWTRAD) Project
[research tools for the study of land, river and maritime trade routes of Eurasia and Africa during the period 4,000 BCE - circa 1820 CE]
- Trade Routes Resources Blog
- OWTRAD Dromographic Digital Data Archives (ODDDA)
[geo/chrono-referenced free data sets describing communication and transport networks world-wide]
- Trade Routes Glossary: Architectural, Geographical, and Historical Terms Relating to Long Distance Trade, Communication, and Pilgrimage Routes.
[English and foreign language terms dealing with concepts, units of measurements, architectural structures, and logistical arrangements related to long-distance trade, communication, and pilgrimage routes]
- From Afrosiab to Zucchabar: A Gazetteer of Georeferenced Nodes of Long-Distance Communication Routes
[coordinates and other details of 18,025 variant names for 4,265 unique places in Eurasia and Africa]
- Catalogue of Georeferenced Caravanserais/Khans
[details of 756 caravanserais/khans, funduks, inns, and other types of rest houses established in support of long-distance communication routes]
- Catalogue of Georeferenced Travel/Trade Structures
[details of 328 bedestans/qaysariyyas, bridges, forts, lighthouses/beacons, markets/bazaars, wells/sardobas, and other structures established in support of long-distance communication routes]
WWW.CIOLEK.COM Online Affiliates
- T. Matthew Ciolek: The Historical Geography of the Ciolek clan AD 950-1950.
- T. Matthew Ciolek: Prof Dr Ciolek, Gerard (1909-1966): some biographical and other data.
- T. Matthew Ciolek: 1000 Illuminating E-Quotes - The Folk Wisdom of Electronic Mail.
- Dymphna Clark: About Baron Charles von Hügel (1795-1870).
- Stewart GORDON, T. Matthew Ciolek, Lizbeth H. Piel & Gita Gunatilleke: Mapping Buddhist Monasteries 200-1200 CE Project.
- David L. B. Jupp: "The Qinling Plank Roads to Shu" Project.
- Adam Kendon: Publications by Adam Kendon.
- Robert van Mulligen: Tibetan Architecture Documentation Centre (TADC).
- Krystyna Pawłowska: WITRAŻE KRAKOWSKIE w kamienicach mieszkalnych i obiektach użyteczności publicznej z przełomu wieków XIX i XX
[Cracov Stained Glass Windows of the late 19th and early 20th c. Fulltext book in Polish. 2018. 230 pages, pdf, 11.4MB].
- Rudy J. Rummel: Reevaluated Democide Totals for 20th C. and China.
- Mondo Secter: A Sky Burial - The Sacred Solemn Funeral Rite of Tibet.
- Nathan Sivin: Index to Shaughnessy Translations in "I Ching. The Classic of Changes."
- Aboriginal Online Bookstore (www.amazon.com, US)
- GIS and Electronic Maps Online Bookstore (www.amazon.com, US)
- Tibet Online Bookstore (www.amazon.com, US)
- Zen Online Bookstore (www.amazon.com, US)
Maintainer: Dr T. Matthew Ciolek firstname.lastname@example.org
visitors to www.ciolek.com since 08 May 1997. Web sites around the world that link to www.ciolek.com.
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 by T. Matthew Ciolek. All rights reserved. This site may be freely linked from other web pages world-wide. Contents may not be republished, altered or plagiarized. The www.ciolek.com editors do not control or endorse the content of third party web sites.
Internet Archive http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.ciolek.com